Monday, February 28, 2011

Home Server Followup

MS Home Server is worth it.   I cannot say anything negative in reference to this device other than MS is about to change it which I really do not like.  

Drive Pooling works wonders in the current release and will not come with the next version, however I have heard that there are some 3rp party vendors that will have it available as a option in the new release.

My current configuration of the home server is 7TB of storage, and I'm using this space to backup files from select clients which gives them a form of offsite backups.  I also use it to keep all of my photos movies and other digital treasures in, not to mention keeping full backups of all of my families pc's.  Truly a great value if for nothing other than that.

2 comments:

  1. Microsoft home server is valuable for long period.Most of the people register her home server in windows based.It's more secure.web hosting provider

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many homeserver available in the market. But, anyways thanks for this article.
    webhosting

    ReplyDelete